If you have an ACC covered injury, your specialist can refer you to the Orthotic Centre
Public funded orthotic treatment includes all people who:
In order for us to provide treatment through ACC we require an orthotic prescription from a medical specialist.
Some things to note:
- You will need an orthotic prescription or referral from a medical specialist, GP, physiotherapist or podiatrist
- An obvious cause and effect
- The need for orthotics must be without question caused by the accident
- In some cases, prior approval is required
- We are able to apply to ACC for funding for you however this may delay provision of your orthotic
There are other conditions to abide by when it comes to ACC. They relate to the date of your accident, your hospital discharge or elective surgery and may affect your eligibility. We can advise you on these rules when you visit us at the clinic.
If you are still unsure if your treatment will be funded or paid for by yourself privately
Please check our Q & A section on referral types for further clarification.